Thursday 13 June 2013

Mind Fog



It’s been a busy few days and I’m realising I’ve not really been here!  I mean I’ve been here in body but my mind’s been flitting about from past to future with only moments of present thrown in when essential.

This isn’t a good state for me.  I make mistakes, I injure myself, I don’t connect fully with people, I don’t take care of myself.  And then my mind spins off into possible reasons, all ‘out there’, avoiding any personal responsibility and perpetuating the foggy state.

I feel tired and it’s easy to blame lack of sleep but I think more telling is that my morning meditation, reflection and exercise routine has been disrupted and that seems to have more of an impact.  I’m increasingly aware when working with clients that morning meditation effects the day in so many immeasurable ways and that, when we ‘unavoidably’ miss a day, there’s usually some resistance at play.

I am lucky to have moments like this writing, client contact, an enquiring partner and 5 Rhythms dancing that prompt me to check-in and realise how I’m feeling.  I’ve the further good fortune of different tools and strategies at hand to clear the resistance and ‘bring me back’ to consciousness.  No excuses!  Yet I can still convince myself that missing my morning routine for one day won’t hurt.  Perhaps you’ve a solution to this one?  When I find it I’ll be sure to share!

In the mean time, if you’re in a mind-fog, here’s your wake-up call!  And, if you’d like help with tools and strategies for getting back on track, do get in touch!  

No comments:

Post a Comment