Monday 12 August 2013

Oh so busy!



I was about to explain that I hadn’t been blogging for a while as I’d been too busy and then I remembered I’m working on ‘time peace’!

Using a questionnaire from CoachU as a starting point, and with help from my partner, I’m in the process of changing my mindset and practises around time so I never have insufficient time or too much to do.  Like attempting to squeeze a size 16 body into size 10 jeans, over filling my days leaves me uncomfortable and bulging in all the wrong places!

Like many, I’ve grown up wearing ‘busyness’ as a badge of honour.  It shows I’m a successful coach, popular and in demand!  I work hard and I’m well organised with a great repertoire of time management techniques I use with clients, so surely I ‘should’ be able to fit in a little extra?  I’m impatient for results and intolerant of things undone.

Writing this down, it’s easy to see how incompatible it is with living a peaceful life focused on being present and happy.  Time scarcity seems so commonly accepted that it goes under the radar when other ideas of lack are being challenged.  I’m aiming for time abundance.

This is work in progress!  I haven’t blogged recently even though I’ve had plenty I’ve wanted to share.  However I have been living fully and that’s not a priority I’d want to change.

If you're working on this pattern too, I'd love to hear how you're doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment