Wednesday 13 November 2013

Going Where the Day Takes Me



I left the flat we’d staying in in Chelsea with a plan, I was going straight to the internet café I knew to work before my lunch appointment, but a wonderful morning of going with the flow unfolded.  

First my Oyster card didn’t have enough money to get smoothly onto the bus to the tube which set me off walking a little more, exploring a new area.  When I did hop on and off the bus I was deposited outside a department store and decided to go in and use their facilities.  Passing by the sparkling cosmetics counters I remembered I needed a little make up and this turned into one of those pampering product demonstrations.  Feeling very special, I nipped into a café to do a little work before taking a double decker bus to my meeting venue, a very enjoyable ride.

Was this a productive time?  Well I bought the make-up I hadn’t found locally and I achieved the essential tasks I needed to attend to.  I didn’t do everything on my list.  Perhaps you’ve read my article on yin and yang?  This wasn’t a driven, targeted yang morning, but there wasn’t a complete absence of focus, having set my intentions earlier, when I found myself in the right places with the right opportunities, I knew what to do.  I could trust my intuition to guide me.
I’m sharing this every day experience as I believe this is what we’re aiming for in life.  A yin/yang balance orchestrated by our inner wisdom.  When we’ve cleared our fear and guilt of not being tied to our tasks and let go of our insecurities that might keep us small and hiding from action, we are perfectly placed to trust our inner wisdom to lead us through the day towards people and places that, in time, will help us to make our difference and live our purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment